Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another whacked out bible verse!

Judges 11 (Old Testament)--Jephthah is a really awesome guy!
Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour...Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering...And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him...And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back...And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains...And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months...And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed...

Hebrews 11 (New Testament)--Yep! A really awesome guy!
And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of...Jephtha...Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens...Of whom the world was not worthy..And these all, having obtained a good report through faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment